Delivered in the classroom, the APR course provides information and practical training for the effective inspections, use and care of an Air Purifying Respirator. Course topics include:
- Hazard awareness
- Inspections and cleaning of the APR
- How to properly put it on and take it off
- Replacing APR canisters and filters.
This course includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, written knowledge test and practical exam.
We can deliver this course to your site, or it’s available at our training facility. iSafety will provide all of the necessary training equipment and materials, including computers. If the course is delivered on-site, you must provide a training facility equipped with power and enough room to safely carry out practical exercises
Beyond ensuring a proper fit, an air purifying respirator also needs to be maintained. If it is damaged or worn out; if the face piece has become either brittle or too soft; if the filter is clogged; or if the filtering medium is exhausted, the respirator won’t do its job. Whoever will be wearing the respirator before each use needs to know how to thoroughly inspect it. Parts that are torn, cracked, worn, broken, or missing must be immediately replaced.
Proper use and care of respirators only comes with careful training, and that’s why iSafety offers an Air Purifying Respirator course. During the course, participants will learn about a variety of topics, including:
• The nature, extent, and effects of any respiratory hazards to which they may be exposed
• Explanation of the operation, limitations, and capabilities of selected APRs
• Procedures for inspection, putting on and taking off a respirator
• Maintenance and storage of a respirator
• What to do in emergency situations should a respirator malfunction
At iSafety, we are dedicated to improving the safety of all types of work sites, including those that involve airborne contaminants and gas hazards. We can deliver the Air Purifying Respirator course right at your site, or at our Edmonton or Fort McMurray training facilities. Please contact us to ensure your location meets the requirements to successfully complete this training. 1-888-997-3867 – 587-409-5792.